Eurochild advocates for children’s rights and well-being to be at the heart of policymaking.
We are a network of organisations working with and for children throughout Europe, striving for a society that respects the rights of children. We influence policies, build internal capacities, facilitate mutual learning and exchange practice and research. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child is the foundation of all our work.
- Secured the European Commission Recommendation on Investing in Children.
- Enlisted the support of 100 Members of the European Parliament who have pledged to be Child Rights Champions.
- Secured EU commitment to end child poverty and halt institutional care in the spending of European Structural Funds (€325 billion).
- We put children’s rights and well-being at the core of all our work.
- We aim to be membership-driven. Members inform us, help us define our priorities, and enable us to achieve our goals.
- We are a learning organisation. We continually monitor and evaluate what we do and strive for excellence in all our work.
Partnership & Participation
- We work in partnership. We seek external alliances to enhance our impact on the lives of children and young people.
- We are a listening organisation. We want the voices of children and young people to be heard, as well as those of people who are working with, and caring for, them.
Our work is underpinned by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), the most signed international human rights treaty that grants all children and young people a comprehensive set of rights.
- Sharing information on policy and practice, from Eurochild, Members and EU institutions
- Monitoring and influencing policy development at national and European level
- Creating interest groups and partnerships between member organizations
- Representing the interests of its members to international institutions
- Strengthening the capacity of its members through training, individual advice and support
Our Secretariat in Brussels is coordinating our thematic work on:
- Promoting Children's Rights
- Fight against Child Poverty
- Family & Parenting Support
- Early Childhood Education & Care
- Children in Alternative Care
- Child & Youth Participation
Eurochild holds special consultative status at the UN ECOSOC and is a member of the Committee of Experts of the Council of Europe.