Eurochild partnering with IFCO 2017 World Conference
Setting Sail from a Safe Port: Giving our children confidence to move forward with safe and permanent relationships”
Eurochild is partnering with IFCO for its world conference this year. The key results of the Childonomics project are planned to be launched at this prestigious conference.
Date: 1-4 November
Where: Valletta, Malta
Conference subthemes include but are not limited to:
- Child protection systems and deinstitutionalisation (DI) Reform: overall care system reform and DI and family based care in different regions across the world
- Meeting the needs of children due to migration
- Formal and informal educational outcomes for children during care and for careleavers
- Foster carers and social workers: education, training, assessment, approval, supervision and retention
- Understanding trauma and its effect
- Prevention, intervention, early childhood and permanency
- Partnership, engagement and children & youth participation
- Measuring success: preventative services, suitable placements, successful transitions and aftercare and the impact and measurement of careleavers successes and attainments.
For a full list of themes and topics, see the call for papers. Deadline for submission of papers has been extended until 28 April 2017.