Eurochild Conference 2018: Call for Children’s Delegations
Please read the information below and complete this form to apply as children’s delegation.
- 29-31 October 2018; Opatija, Croatia
- Host of the conference: Society “Our Children” Opatija
- Children’s delegation can include 2-5 children and 1-2 adults (maximum of 3 children for each adult)
- All children should be aged 10-18 at the time of the Conference
- Each application is processed within 2 weeks of submission
- Final deadline to apply is 1 July 2018 or until all places have been filled
Eurochild’s 2018 Conference is being organised under the high patronage of the President of the Republic of Croatia, Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, in partnership with the City of Opatija. The event will bring positive examples of how public decision-makers at local, national and European levels are respecting the right of children to participate in decisions affecting them.
The Conference will host an estimated 250-300 participants including public sector officials, politicians, children’s rights professionals and children. It is expected that a third of the participants at the Conference are under the age of 18. That includes our Eurochild Conference Young Advisory group which consists of 10 children aged 14-18, from 8 different countries. By involving this group in the planning, preparation and delivery of the conference, the Conference itself will be an example of participation in action.
For more information including on the estimated costs of a delegation contact: Tinna Rós Steinsdóttir, Eurochild‘s Child Participation Officer.