European Commission Communication: Towards an EU Strategy on the Rights of the Child
In this document, the European Commission proposes a strategy for protecting the rights of the child within the framework of the EU's internal and external policies. This strategy is based on the following specific objectives:
- taking advantage of existing policies and instruments;
- establishing the priorities of future EU action;
- systematically taking the rights of the child into account in all EU external and internal policies ("mainstreaming");
- ensuring efficient coordination and consultation mechanisms;
- reinforcing competence and expertise on the rights of the child;
- communicating more effectively on the rights of the child;
- promoting the rights of the child in the field of external relations.
Download European Commission's communication here.