The Sketch my Rights winner is Bujac Vlada, 11 years old from Moldova. She submitted her drawing in the Child Poverty category.
The Sketch my Rights entries
Picture your rights and bring your voice to the Eurochild Conference 2016!
Sketch my Rights is a unique opportunity to bring children's voice to the Eurochild Conference 2016 and share their views with EU decision-makers, civil society organizations and young people. The selected drawings will be used to support the Eurochild team to prepare interesting, attractive, fun and original communication material such as posters, flyers, webpages, social media pages and many others!
The drawings had to relate to one of the conference themes: children in poverty, children on the move or migrant children, children in care or in risk of going into care. The jury based its decision on three selection criteria: Creative expression of one or more of the conference themes, originality of the idea, originality in representing children’s rights and how to invest in children.
The winner is awarded a trip to Brussels for two people (one child and one accompanying adult) to attend the Eurochild conference “Children’s Rights Matter: Why Europe needs to invest in children” on 5-7 July 2016. At the conference the winner will get to speak to EU decision makers and officials about his/her passion for children’s rights. The jury based its decision on three selection criteria: Creative expression of one or more of the conference themes, originality of the idea, originality in representing children’s rights and how to invest in children.
Travel Rules and Regulation:
- The winner must be accompanied by an adult and both must be able to travel and stay in Brussels during the entire conference from 5-7 July 2016 to get the most of the experience.
- Eurochild will sponsor the winner and one accompanying adult with accommodation and free entrance at the conference on 5 and 6 July 2016; this includes dinner on 5-6 July and lunch on 6 July. Eurochild will also sponsor travel costs from your place to Brussels and to the conference (local transport). Other daily expense will not be covered.
- The Eurochild Conference is reserved to 12 years +, to ensure meaningful participation of children and young people at the conference.
- An alternative and equally rewarding prize will be assigned to a winner younger than 12.
- The jury could allow a younger winner to attend if the jury is confident that a meaningful participation of the child is possible.
For questions please contact: Nicolas.Meslaoui(at)eurochild(dot)org