Adoptee voices matter
29-30 SEPTEMBER, ATHENS.
Law Reform, Identity, Right to Citizenship, International practices.
Eurochild Greek member Roots Research Center is organising an international conference which will explore the following topics:
- Adoption and Roots Search as a fundamental right. Legislation, support and policies related to Roots Search.
- Legal representation of adoptees for search matters.
- The effects of non-cooperation of adopted adults with the public and records, management of non-information and psychological effects of refusal to search.
- Family mediation and other post-adoption separation interventions.
- Defense of rights related to citizenship.
- Effective research strategies and techniques for DNA testing.
The conference takes place in Athens at the auditorium of the Hellenic Pasteur Institute (Vas. Sofias 12, 11521) and is under the auspice of The Centre for the Study of Social and Humanitarian Crises University of West Attic with the support of Eurochild.
For further information: