Leveraging EU influence to deliver change for families in adversity in Bulgaria
The project aims to strengthen the prevention of child-family separation in adversity in Bulgaria by leveraging and meaningfully engaging civil society. Eurochild will support “360 degrees” tailored advocacy agenda for Bulgaria using all strings and influences of the EU for redirecting resources and changing national policies.
It aims to achieve this by:
- Supporting the EU to monitor the implementation of the Child Guarantee, including influence indicators. Eurochild will be advocating for desegregated data on ethnicity in order to measure progress
- Engaging with policy makers and strengthening capacities of civil servants to allocate and redirect funds to prevention of family separation and discrimination
- Monitoring the impact of EU funds and gathering evidence on investing in family separation of Roma families and children in adversity in order to create accountability mechanisms for EU polcy and spending
- Keeping Bulgarian partners up to date on EU level developments with the Child Guarantee so that the needs of families in adversity are reflected and prioritized on a national level
This project was possible thanks to the support of Tanya’s Dream Fund, hosted by Swiss Philanthropy Foundation.
- NNC Bulgaria
- Know-How Centre for the Alternative Care for Children, New Bulgarian University
- Hopes and Homes for Children, Bulgaria
- NNC member organisations working at grassroot level.
- Blog: The fifth person’s potential if poverty wasn’t a factor
- Fighting Child Poverty in Bulgaria: joint initiatives