The situation of children in Spain 2022
Eurochild member, Plataforma de Infancia, launched their new report La situación de la Infancia en España 2022, an updated analysis of the situation of children and adolescents in Spain.
This is a comprehensive report that analyses the main obstacles that children encounter to exercise their rights in different areas and presents proposals addressed to the different administrations to guarantee compliance. The report is the result of a process of coordination and collaboration between different expert entities and organisations, with 165 experts participating in it through 14 working groups divided into thematic areas. In addition, this report has had the participation of children and adolescents, between 6 and 17 years of age, from all over Spain.
Here is a summary of the key recommendations for the Spanish Government:
- Guarantee children's access to justice and eliminate any type of discrimination
- Strengthen the child protection system
- Increase State support for families so parents can care for their children
- Improve child health care and increase the number of specialists in paediatrics
- Adjust the procedure for determining the age of unaccompanied migrant children to the provisions of the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Implement disability policies with a childhood perspective to guarantee the rights of children with disabilities
- Guarantee a fair, inclusive and quality educational system that ensures the right to education to all
- Eliminate violence towards children and undertake the social changes and protection contained in the LOPIVI (Law for the Comprehensive Protection of Children and Adolescents against Violence)